Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hello, November!

I can hardly believe it's November 1st! November 1st!
Sophomore year is flying by. I mean, really flying by! I turned 16 two whole months ago. It's insane. Part of me wants it to go even faster, because sophomore year is just awful. People always ask, "Aren't you so glad to be past freshman year?" and all I can think is, "Um, no!" Freshman year was a blast. High school was new. Everything seemed way more fun. We got to slack off in our easy required classes. Now we're cracking down, getting into AP and pre-AP and working up the math ladder (Algebra 2 with Trig! How fun!)
But a part of me wants it to slow down. I really love high school - at least, most of the time. I love the football games especially. I have a soft heart for football. It jsut makes me feel so alive.

As the holidays creep up, Im dreaming of Christmas presents. Turkey. Cold weather. Family time. No school.

A few Pinterest-ing things:
Winter skirts
Bundt + Bundt = pumpkin cake

Burlap Christmas tree skirt

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, wherever I'll be. Whether that's Louisville, or sweet home Alabama! How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I ended up finding you through "Aura Joon," a blog which I will terribly and horribly miss. Looking at your posts made me smile; it reminded me of when I was in high school. Strangely, I just wrote a post about a childhood friend that made me reminisce about all those things. My cousins are also juniors, so I get to hear about their excursions as well.

    I enjoyed your Pinterest board here, but the tree skirt is my favorite! I really, really like that. It's something so pretty out of a fabric that we normally consider bulky and scratchy and uncomfortable.

    Hope all is well, and that you manage your way through math. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the comment :) I am sure I will love the time we spend in Tuscaloosa. It is hard going from Athens to Tuscaloosa but I am sure that with kind people like you I will be nestled into a community quickly!

    ReplyDelete